Bus carrying EVMs catches fire

Bhopal: Following the conclusion of Phase-3 voting, a bus transporting electronic voting machines (EVMs) from six polling booths caught fire in Betul. The incident occurred near Goula village in Multai tehsil of Betul, resulting in damage to several EVMs.

Reportedly, the fire originated from a mechanical fault within the bus, with no injuries reported among the 36 polling officials onboard. Despite the unfortunate outcome, two EVMs remained unscathed, while four incurred partial damage to their components. Betul SP Nischal Jharia elucidated, “The polling personnel departed with EVMs from six booths… The fire erupted due to a mechanical fault. Fortunately, all individuals on the bus managed to escape unharmed by breaking the glass on the windows as the doors were jammed.”

Leave a Reply