About 60 shops destroyed in fire in Myanmar

Yangon, May 24 (UNI) About 60 shops were destroyed in a fire in western Myanmar’s Rakhine state, the information team of Myanmar’s State Administration Council reported late Thursday.

The fire broke out at around 3:15 p.m. local time on Thursday at the market of Thet Kal Pyin village in Sittwe township, Rakhine state, the information team said.

The cause of the fire was the overheating of a solar panel at a shoe shop in the market, it said.

Local security personnel, fire service personnel, and residents worked together to extinguish the fire, and the fire was put out by around 4 p.m. local time, it said.

Leave a Reply