18 children get burn injuries from electric shock in Rajasthan’s Kota

Kota, Mar 8 (UNI) As many as 18 children were injured from electric shock during a procession on the occasion of Mahashivratri here in Rajasthan’s Kota district on Friday, police said.

The kids suffered various degrees of burn injuries and have been admitted to a hospital.

According to the information received, many children carrying religious flags were part of the procession taken out in the Sagatpura area.

The mishap is believed to have been caused from a high-tension overhear power line and the current spread through the procession.

The injured children were admitted to MBS Hospital where the condition of one child is said to be critical.

Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma said, “The news of 18 civilians being burnt due to being hit by a high-tension line in Kota is sad.

“I pray to Lord Neelkanth to provide speedy recovery to the injured citizens. Proper instructions have been given to the administration to provide all possible medical assistance to the injured,” he said.

Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla expressed grief over the incident and said all possible help would be provided to the injured children.

Birla instructed the doctors to provide proper treatment to the injured.


Leave a Reply