- Water bills will be expensive
Chronicle Reporter, Bhopal, Those who waste water will have to pay expensive bills now. The Municipal Corporation will start Spot Reading and Billing from this same month. It will be started from 2500 houses. Billing will be started from BHEL area under Zone No. 14. Most of the houses located in Shakti Nagar, Saket Nagar, Indrapuri, Sonagiri, and Kalpana Nagar of BHEL will have to pay water consumer charges this month.
Narmada water supply is available in these areas.
It is significant that municipal corporation has entrusted the primary work for meter reading and spot billing to the Analogist Take India on contract. According to the new system, the amount of water that will be consumed will be billed only accordingly. Municipal Corporation has already installed the meters here.
The important thing is that the meters will be installed in all areas where Narmada, Upper Lake, Kolar Dam and Kerva Dam supply water. The company will be responsible for changing the meter when it stops working.
It is significant that corporation was preparing to start the spot billing work from May 2017, but due to lack of water in the upper lake last year, the supply system was affected. In such a case, to prevent the protest, the delay in applying the spot billing was done by the corporation.
Bills will come up to Rs 300 / – instead of -180
At present there is more than 2.5 lakhs connections of Municipal Corporation are there. Corporation officials have set a target to start spot billing from 2500 houses by May 2019. There will be a minimum monthly bill of 250 to 300 rupees in these areas. The bill will be more if there will be an excess consumption as per unit charges. With this, the additional expenditure of one thousand rupees a year will be increased on the pockets of the people.
It was failed earlier in the state capital
Municipal Corporation had started spot billing in four zones of the BHEL in the year 2016-17, but due to complaints of fake billing, the corporation had canceled the contract. Meters were also stolen in the Saket city area. Now the Corporation has tendered and selected the new company. This time too many changes have been made to prevent disturbances.
Will be recovered at this rate
- 180 Rupees per month will be taken only for a half inch from domestic connections without meter.
- Bills will be charged @ Rs 6.30 per thousand liters up to 10 thousand liters.
- Rs 9.80 rupees on per thousand liters will be charged up to10 to 20 thousand.
- On consumption of more than 20 thousand liters, the charges will be calculated @ 12 rupees per thousand liters.
- The provision to stop cheating.
- The company will be equipped with a hand-held device, GPS, which will be connected to the server.
- The complete data of the meter and the bill deposited will be centralized. This will bring the complete data of the consumer when entering the ID during the reading.
- The meter reader will also upload the meter photo every time. This will ensure that the reading has been taken.