Chronicle Reporter, Vidisha
Congress slammed Madhya Pradesh’s BJP Government for not providing any relief immediately to farmers affected by the recent hailstorm which lashed out Vidisha.
In Satpada Karariya and nearby belt in Vidisha there is 100% damage in Chana, Masor, and wheat crop. Shashank Bhargava senior congress leader who led the protesting congress workers demanded an early survey to be conducted to assess the damage and give adequate compensation to farmers.
Congress submitted a memorandum to Governor of M.P. through collector Vidisha. Vidisha-Congress in memorandum asked the Government to conduct the assessment of damage resulted by hailstorm on the fallowing points.
- Survey should not be conducted by pencils.
- Survey should be conducted in the presence of rural residents.
- Survey Report should be undersigned by rural residents, and should be pasted on the Panchayat Office-Building. One copy should be given to the Sarpanch.
- Survey team should be Unbiased.
- Monetary relief besides BIMA must also be given because BIMA is given on KCC base.
- As Govt. agrees 40 hectare yield of wheat, the rate today is Rs80000/= so deducting all expenses Rs65000/= per hectare must be paid to farmers.
- Waive Power bills and place DP.
- Give relief on the basis of 40 quintal per hectare yield to farmers.
- Crop of Chana and Masoor damage should be surveyed and relief should be granted immediately.
- Separate survey should be conducted for different farms.
The memorandum was undersigned by Shashank Bhargava Former PCC secretary, Virendra Pitaliya President Block Congress Committee, Anuj Lodhi Block Congress Gulabganj, Diwan Kirar President Block Congress Rural. Large number of congress workers were present when memorandum was given to collector.